AT&T Confirms the Next iPhone 4G, Arriving June

Status
Not open for further replies.

thrust2night

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2007
Can we have a follow-up article on what is happening right now with the Gizmodo case? Last I heard the court unsealed the documents related to the arrest.

Pyroflea

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2007
It's about time other providers are switching to 4g. Sprint's had it for months now. Japan has 10g or something ridiculous like that.

dman3k

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
[citation][nom]Pyroflea[/nom]It's about time other providers are switching to 4g. Sprint's had it for months now. Japan has 10g or something ridiculous like that.[/citation]It's not 4G.. it's 4th Generation, which has nothing to do with 4G. See? Further proof that most Apple customers are technology idiots.

tonyn84

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2008
[citation][nom]Pyroflea[/nom]It's about time other providers are switching to 4g. Sprint's had it for months now. Japan has 10g or something ridiculous like that.[/citation]
yeah, its 4g as in the 4th iphone, its not actually a 4g phone

G

@pyroflea... iPhone 4G refers to the 4th generation of the iPhone, not the 4G wireless infrastructure you were hoping for. ATT is still years away from a 4G system, their 3G sucks so bad that they sell mini cell towers for your home so you can "raise the bar" at home. Verizons LTE should be around by 2011.

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
Considering AT&Ts 4g network won't be rolling out until "sometime in 2011" (which usually means, keep praying and it will be here before you've switched carriers) it doesn't make a lot of sense that the next Iphone would be based on 4g cell technology. I mean heck, there will probably be a whole new Iphone hardware rollout before the AT&T 4g network is up to speed.

adipose

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
[citation][nom]dman3k[/nom]It's not 4G.. it's 4th Generation, which has nothing to do with 4G. See? Further proof that most Apple customers are technology idiots.[/citation]

How do you know he's an Apple customer? Was it because he's a technology idiot?

asiaprime

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2008
[citation][nom]dman3k[/nom]It's not 4G.. it's 4th Generation, which has nothing to do with 4G. See? Further proof that most Apple customers are technology idiots.[/citation]

I can hear the lawsuits coming for false advertising... "what do U mean it doesn't have a 4g connection?!?! really?? 4th generation??"

the naming scheme is kind of silly since the 2nd gen was called 3g for the speed...

adipose

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
[citation][nom]asiaprime[/nom]I can hear the lawsuits coming for false advertising... "what do U mean it doesn't have a 4g connection?!?! really?? 4th generation??"the naming scheme is kind of silly since the 2nd gen was called 3g for the speed...[/citation]

Since when is it actually named iPhone 4G?

zaznet

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
[citation][nom]thrust2night[/nom]Can we have a follow-up article on what is happening right now with the Gizmodo case? Last I heard the court unsealed the documents related to the arrest.[/citation]

When was there an arrest in this prototype iPhone drama? I'm interested to hear where it's all going too but it's been pretty quiet as far as I've seen.

totheshed

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
4G stands for 4th generation... It is a very general term. Sprint has 4th generation service but only in like a few big cities. At&t has 3rd generation service but only in a few big cities. Wow I swear some people on here are the biggest idiots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS