AT&T Coughs Up $18 Million to Settle ETF Suit

Status
Not open for further replies.

sliem

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
They shouldn't have done that in the first place. Instead use their money to invest in their "better 3G experience" backbone.

JD13

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
The only one who wins these law suits are, Layers taking 30-60% of the settlement. The most that the customer will see is less than $100.00

necronic

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
Actually settlements often mean exactly what ATT said here. I don't think many companies actually admit wrongdoing as part of their settlement agreement.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Reminds me of the movie The Jerk. Steve Martin invents a device that holds you glasses up on your nose so they don't slide down, makes him a millionaire. Then, every sues him because the little piece you attach to the glasses apparently causes you to go cross-eyed. The greatest part is him writing out thousands of checks, each for $1.09. Which is probably more than these ex-AT&T customers are going to get.

I once got an $7 check from Morgan Stanley, which was apparently a settlement for them losing their customers millions of dollars with cooked books and other bad accounting practices (I don't even recall getting a notice to participate in the class-action lawsuit). Yay justice!

festerovic

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
I think they are being forward looking. I just heard on the news the FTC is looking into ETFs by all carriers. Perhaps they are getting in good before the negativity applied to the whole cellular industry comes down.

Status
Not open for further replies.