AT&T Intros Data Plans With Higher Limits, Higher Prices

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

frenchy

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2004
What's interesting is that I got in when they had the unlimited data plan. I still have it.

I'm not bragging but it pretty much locks me into AT&T as I could never get another unlimited data plan from another carrier. My love hate relationship will never end. ;-)

dark_lord69

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2006
I think the majority of people don't realize that 300MB is less than 1/2 of a CD worth of data? But you'd never pay $20 for 300MB in any other way. This is the most expensive way to pay for data.

simplec1

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2009
The funny thing is, when they were were trying to acquire T-mobile they stated that they would keep prices reasonable and competitive. Now that the merger fell through, and they've had to pay out $6 billion to T-mobile, they want to make their own customers recoup the cost of their greed for a plan that was doomed to fail Once my contract is up with AT&T I will go back to T-mobile at least I know that they work in major metro cities where I live and work and offer cheaper plans that I can live with. I'm tired of paying $100 a month for texting 500 mins and data cap that is almost always goes over the limit

G

Want to know something that REALLY sucks? A person who is employed by a wireless carrier that just acquired an IPhone only pays less than $30/month to be on the AT&T network and gets unlimited EVERYTHING! due to being an employee that is associated with the AT&T network, but not directly employed by AT&T. Where is MY cake?

xerroz

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
[citation][nom]jacekring[/nom]I'm one of the lucky SOB's who has Verizon's unlimited data plan, grandfathered in from before they got rid of it. It's $19.99 a month, but I'm ok with that since it's unlimited. I hate all wireless carriers and try to stick it to them whenever I can. So when I drive I use youtube to stream music in my car. I know I could use pandora or any of the other countless music services out there. But youtube streams more data, so I stick it to them by intentionally grabbing music video's instead of just music when I drive and can't watch the video's anyway.Take that Verizon![/citation]
Haha I'm definitely gonna start doing that. I got grandfathered as well, though I pay $29.99. I've never understood why these companies don't just allow you to pay for what you want. Like why not just give you the option to choose the exact amount of minutes, data and text you want? Instead they stick it to people with these inflated prices. Fuck greed

kinggremlin

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
[citation][nom]house70[/nom]looks like they're keeping the same 10 dollars/GB price. If that's so, then customers may be better off if they purchase the minimum data plan, as they're less likely to go over that every month, and just pay an extra GB worth of data once in a while, as opposed to paying for a big data plan every month and not using the full extent of it all the time.[/citation]

The 50GB data plan adds tethering and mobile hotspot. If you don't need either of those features, then clearly it would make no sense to pick the 50GB plan over the 30GB plan which are charging the same amount per data even if you per positive you would crack 50GB's every month.

burmese_dude

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2011
Fcuk ATT. How about let get that that sweet between the plan? 10 bucks for 2.7 GB since...

AT&T Data Plus 300 MB costing $20 for 300 MB and AT&T Data Pro 3 GB costing $30 for 3 GB

ATT let Bush Administration spy on Americans by letting them access to their database without judge's order. They even made a secret room for Bush Admin spies. Never do business with ATT

Status
Not open for further replies.