AT&T Looking At Charging Heavy Internet Users Extra

Status
Not open for further replies.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
This is crazy. Why punish those who use the service to the fullest? All this will do is push away customers. I'm sure their excuse will be because it will free up bandwidth from these hoggers which makes no sense because if they pay for more how is it going to free up anything except their wallet? If At&t dare says that their service struggles to handle such usage then it makes them look weak and will hurt them even more.

Clearly this is just a method of just sucking money out of peoples pockets with out a reason whatsoever.

Sarcastic

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2006
I agree Nuclear, DSL is not a ring like cable is. So either ATT has the bandwidth or they do not. This is just a money making scheme.

mr roboto

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2007
Instead of charging more money they should upgrade their infrastructure . Ditch DSL and go fiber. Lets see, the bandwidth customers are using is easily doubling every year so lets charge them more! Gee I'm sure that doesn't have anything to do at all with adding more subscribers. AT&T is the worst in corporate greed. They have a proven track record of not giving a shit about anyone.

jawshoeaw

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2008
I like the "using the internet to its fullest" comment. Translated: Steal music, movies, TV shows. I don't see how it's sucking money out of your pockets - cancel the service if you don't like it and go back to dial up or DSL. Dialup is still fine for most webpages. But even if you think PTP is legit, surely paying extra is worth it - you are getting hundreds of dollars of free media that you otherwise would have to pay for.

Why should ATT upgrade their infrastructure? They are company trying to make a profit. If they can make a profit upgrading infrastructure, then they will. Since when did any company give a shit about anything except profit? I think the main reason people want more bandwidth is to steal blu ray or other HD sources.

Status
Not open for further replies.