Atheros Wireless Adapter Problem

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2009
Hey,
I have a Fujitsu laptop thats been using for 3years with wireless network connection.
Until that day I was asked to reinstall my Wireless Adapter Driver because of some problem.
After I uninstall and reinstall, I reinstall using the driver given, 100% correct for this laptop.
But at the end it shows error code28 after installing.
Here are the screen cap
prob2.png

prob1.png

I searched for the driver using DEV and VEN, downloaded the driver, tried, same problem.
Someone help me.

Please and ThankYou in advance.

G

It's feasible that the reason you were originally asked to reinstall the wireless driver was because of a hardware failure. If the Atheros unit is dead and is the usual mini-PCI format I would ask Fujitsu what they recommend as a replacement.

Some laptops have the BIOS locked to specific components to force you to buy a replacement from the laptop maker. If not, you could buy any Atheros or Broadcom (etc) wireless adapter and pop it in.

If locked and the Fujitsu price is silly, just buy a USB wireless adapter.

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2009
It's feasible that the reason you were originally asked to reinstall the wireless driver was because of a hardware failure. If the Atheros unit is dead and is the usual mini-PCI format I would ask Fujitsu what they recommend as a replacement.

Some laptops have the BIOS locked to specific components to force you to buy a replacement from the laptop maker. If not, you could buy any Atheros or Broadcom (etc) wireless adapter and pop it in.

If locked and the Fujitsu price is silly, just buy a USB wireless adapter.

Thanks for the reply, the problem I had before I reinstall the driver is like if i restart my modem, my computer wont auto connect to the internet, I have to restart the computer only it can get connected. I dont think is hardware problem. Any more suggestion for me in order to check?

ThankYou.