ATI Mobility Radeon x700 Windows 7 drivers.

Pcguyfin

Estimable
Aug 24, 2014
Hello

I have Fujitsu Siemens Amilo a3667g running windows 7 32-bit with mobility radeon x700 graphics card. I cant seem to find any drivers other then what windows finds by itself and that driver is from 2008. I know this is a old computer but I was wondering if somebody knows way to get newer drivers for this or new drivers that work on this gpu too. I cant watch over 480p video from browser without lag so update would be nice ;D. Thanks in advance!

Any other tips for this laptop are greatly appriciated, trying to get this thing alive ! :D

Solution
Check cpu, gpu, ram usage when playing a vid. My guess is ram might be filling up causing the lag. My laptop is like one step up in specs, turion 1.9, 2gb, x1250 and does 1080p (external monitor) fine but ram will fill browsing.

Pcguyfin

Estimable
Aug 24, 2014

Thanks, but I have already tried it, here is screenshot from the message I get.

http://postimg.org/image/8p0ol83kr/

k1114

Distinguished
They stopped making drivers for that a long time ago. Actually they stopped with vista drivers and those just happen to be compatible with 7. I don't think they are compatible with 8 or after because my x1300 drivers aren't. Just something that happens to old hardware.

As far as the issue, it should do 480p fine. Try disabling gpu acceleration. What browser? What's your full specs?

Pcguyfin

Estimable
Aug 24, 2014

I tried to disable gpu acceleration on chrome and it didn't work :( It has AMD Turion 64 1.8ghz, 1gb ram maxfreq at 333mhz and that radeon x700.

k1114

Distinguished
Check cpu, gpu, ram usage when playing a vid. My guess is ram might be filling up causing the lag. My laptop is like one step up in specs, turion 1.9, 2gb, x1250 and does 1080p (external monitor) fine but ram will fill browsing.

Solution