Audio Crackling/Popping HP All-In-One

Feb 18, 2018
Hi All,

I'm hoping I can find some answers to this as I know it's a known issue but I can't seem to find the resolution anywhere.

I have a HP Pavilion All-in-One - 27-a210t that for some reason is making a popping/crackling sound from the speakers.

I have tried updating drivers, checking BIOS. I've had HP send a technician out twice who fully replaced the speakers and motherboard twice but the issue still persists. I am running Yamaha HS5 speakers out of the audio port. At first I thought it might be the speakers but when I unplug them it still crackles/pops through built in onboard speakers.

For some reason when I run LatencyMon to test the latency, the popping/crackle actually stops intermittently? Also when I move my wireless mouse around rapidly it makes the static/crackle louder, almost as if thee is some sort of wireless interference. I turn the keyboard and mouse off, pulled out the little USB they connect too but still the crackling is there. LatencyMon seems to be the only thing that stops it when it is turned on.

I bought this specifically to produce music so I'm really desperate to get this issue sorted and would appreciate any help.

Thanks guys!

Solution
If the static noises change when your mouse moves it's an issue with electrical isolation around the internal DAC/amp. So what that basically means is that the on board DAC/amplifier of the system is getting interference from the rest of the system. There isn't nececarilly a way to fix this (trust me my old hp used to do this as well) because it's a design flaw. however if you buy an external DAC/amp and use that as your primary sound card it will solve the problem. These external DAC/amps range in quality but since you are doing music with your system I would recommend one of the nicer ones such as the Mayflower range (https://mayflowerelectronics.com/o2-odac-overview/).
Feb 17, 2018
If the static noises change when your mouse moves it's an issue with electrical isolation around the internal DAC/amp. So what that basically means is that the on board DAC/amplifier of the system is getting interference from the rest of the system. There isn't nececarilly a way to fix this (trust me my old hp used to do this as well) because it's a design flaw. however if you buy an external DAC/amp and use that as your primary sound card it will solve the problem. These external DAC/amps range in quality but since you are doing music with your system I would recommend one of the nicer ones such as the Mayflower range (https://mayflowerelectronics.com/o2-odac-overview/).

Solution
Feb 18, 2018

First off, thanks for your reply I appreciate it.

I will definitely look into the Mayflower, but is it not a little strange that LatencyMon seems to fix the crackle while running?

Thanks

Feb 17, 2018

Hmmm it is rather wierd, I can't say I've ever used latencyMon but maybe it has something to do with what the system is actually doing.

Feb 20, 2018

Hey Ilamont, I have the same problem than you but with my M-Audio BX5d2 monitor.. really annoying.. if vous find any solution it would be great, I'm still searching.

Feb 18, 2018

Hi Valentin,

I purchased a Presonus Audiobox USB 96 audio interface, and ran the monitors through that instead, it seems to have helped the issue but not totally resolved it. Did you have any luck?

Feb 20, 2018

Hi, passing by a USB interface didn't helped. But I found a solution : it seemed to be a ground loop interference so I sawed the ground plug of the power cable of the BX5 and now it's fixed.
Hope this will help.