audio files on portable storage taking up internal storage space as well

christy.lee1989

Prominent
Oct 25, 2017
I have a Samsung on5 and I have some audio files on the sd card. when I go to the page that tells me what all is taking up space on the internal storage there is almost 1gb of audio. that audio files is all on my card not the internal storage.what do I do to get this to stop showing up on the internal storage? I have already moved it to the card so it's already there and not at all on internal. I'm confused.

Then it should be there all the time. Hmm.. the only other thing I can think of is an issue with the phone itself. The way it registers the data. I know of no way to fix that issue though.

In regard to moving them, as mentioned before using a computer, you could do the same thing with a cloud account. If you ave one. Just be absolutely sure the files are on the cloud account before removing them from the device.

It could be the way it was moved, or the way the phone registers the move. Sadly it isn't uncommon for some phones to still say the internal storage is being used when the files are on the card, or even to not actually have moved the files but just copied them to the card.

One way to resolve it is to connect the phone to a computer, via USB cord and then move the files to an empty folder on the computer. Once you have them all on the computer, you can delete anything showing on the phone and the card. Disconnect from the computer, restart the phone and then reconnect to the computer. Then copy (if you want to leave a copy on the computer as a back up) or move the files over to the SD card (while it is still in the phone) via the USB connection. The files should now be on the card only.

christy.lee1989

Prominent
Oct 25, 2017
i dont have a computer just tablet and phone, I took out the cardand it said it was gone off the phone, but when i insert it back it says it there again

Then it should be there all the time. Hmm.. the only other thing I can think of is an issue with the phone itself. The way it registers the data. I know of no way to fix that issue though.

In regard to moving them, as mentioned before using a computer, you could do the same thing with a cloud account. If you ave one. Just be absolutely sure the files are on the cloud account before removing them from the device.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Android Smartphones 3
L Android Smartphones 1
M Android Smartphones 3
A Android Smartphones 1
R Android Smartphones 1
A Android Smartphones 1
Y Android Smartphones 1
A Android Smartphones 2
S Android Smartphones 1
M Android Smartphones 1
S Android Smartphones 4