Audio from receiver to PC

Dirtyap3

Estimable
May 21, 2014
Hello, I have a turntable connected to an old kenwood receiver to the CD input, it also has Tape, and Video (I use this one to send the computer's sound).
I want to record the audio from my turntable to a DAW.
My receiver also has a headphone output.

My question is:

Should I get an audio interface or could the headphones output work? If that output works, what cable should I need?

Also if you suggest another method it would be great since i'm short of money for an interface.

Thanks!

dudio

Admirable
If you have a regular style turntable with a stylus/cartridge, and RCA's out, then it really should be connected to the 'Phono' input..it has a different level of output. The headphone jack is your best bet as there is no higher quality output. They normally use a 1/4" phone jack and you should be able to find that easily supported on your DAW..go in as Phone, RCA with adapter.. most others are pointless.

Mar 30, 2015
You need either a mono adapter or an RCA adapter would be my guess. It would be to 3.5mm. Pretty much every PC has a mic input, you might need a program to record it. I personally prefer Audacity but there are probably better options out there. À mono adapter would plug into a "phones" or "L mono" port and a RCA would plug into a pair of ports.

Your old Kenwood receiver has a tape record output that is perfect to connect to the line input on your PC (light blue).
The volume control of the Kenwood will not affect the level so it is much more convenient than the headphone connection and is potentially better sounding since the signal will not be going through the entire receiver.
The only cable you need is one that has 2 RCA plugs at one end and a stereo mini plug at the other. No interface needed.

TRENDING THREADS