Audio issues with Heos home cinema - sound switches to my TV's internal speaker.

krankito

Commendable
Jan 14, 2017
I have a strange audio problem when watching TV. I bought not long ago Heos by Denon home cinema (soundbar + woofer) and conected it to my TV via HDMI ARC. Everything wokrs fine until suddently the sound from the external speakers stops and comes out of the TV's internal speakers. This issue can be solved by opening the Heos app used for controlling the speakers and increase or decrease the volume. Then after some time this bug will appear again and I have to do the manual adjustment. This is very annoying and I am trying to understand what could be the reason for it. I have noticed that it will happen mostly when I watch movies streamed to the TV by Chromecast. When I watch cable tv this issue doesn't occur.

Does anybody know if the problems is in the TV, Heos home cinema, Heos App, firmware or Chromecast?

Solution
When you watch cable TV there are going to be far fewer and shorter silent periods than with streaming sources. My guess is that the ARC connection is being lost to the soundbar and the TV is reverting to the default TV speakers. Might be the HDMI cable. Try a different one.
You could try optical audio instead. That would be more reliable I think.
When you watch cable TV there are going to be far fewer and shorter silent periods than with streaming sources. My guess is that the ARC connection is being lost to the soundbar and the TV is reverting to the default TV speakers. Might be the HDMI cable. Try a different one.
You could try optical audio instead. That would be more reliable I think.

Solution

krankito

Commendable
Jan 14, 2017
That was also one of my theories and now I am waiting for the delivery of the cables. As my tv doesn't have optical out I will have to try with the digital coaxial. I ordered high quality cables for extra price so I hope that this will solve the problem.

I don't have a receiver but could this signal loss be improved if I add one.