Audio jack problems on Fujitsu laptop

Lulabalula

Estimable
Oct 1, 2014
When I try to play sound through my Logitech speakers the sound continues coming through the speakers on the laptop, I know the speakers work and I suspect the problem lies in the audio jack as the laptop doesn't realise that the speakers are plugged in. Please offer advise if you can.

G

Hello, go to control panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound, check to see if the system detects your device, If not then you need to install Logitech device drivers (ie. check your device manager), If you see them, then see if they are disable and enable them. Also what you can do is run troubleshooting (control panel -> All Control Panel items > Troubleshooting > Hardware and Sound > Playing Audio. Let me know how it goes. Hope this helps.

Make sure they're being detected, as epoc said. My suggestion is to go to the Playback devices section in Windows (right click on your speaker icon in the system tray, then select "Playback devices"). If they show up there, set them as the default device if they are not already set as that.

Lulabalula

Estimable
Oct 1, 2014

It says that it is already enabled but thinks they are not plugged in

Lulabalula

Estimable
Oct 1, 2014

It lists disconnected devices. It doesn't work with any audio device plugged in through the audio jack.

Ah, okay. I took your context a little differently. In that case, your jack is no good. One device is open to suspect, but if nothing is recognized, then it's likely that the jack is no good.

The only way to make absolutely certain it's not a hardware failure is to either use a Linux or Windows live disc/disk and test under that, or reinstall Windows and see what happens.