audio keeps lowering on left side on my pc.

Gildarts

Commendable
Feb 4, 2017
Hi everyone. I just need some help with my computer. The last few days the sound on the left side all of a sudden gets significantly lower than the right side. When i restart my computer the sound is normal until it happens again. there is not a specific thing that triggers this, it can be at any time and i can't really find what is the problem. it may take 1 hour for this to happen or even 8 hours. doesn't matter, it happens randomly and it stays until i close down my computer.

You need to determine if the problem is in the PC or the speakers.
Depending on the cables that connect the speakers it might be possible to reverse the left and right inputs. If the same channel drops then the problem is the speakers.
If you can try a different cable to connect the speakers that would be worth a try.

Gildarts

Commendable
Feb 4, 2017
It happens on both my 2.1 speakers and my earphones and they are connected through different ports so the cables are not the issue. and i thought it would be my soundcard but if that was the case wouldn't that be all the time instead of randomly happening? i can't figure this one out :/