Feb 22, 2019
Ok. I've recently been getting a host of problems, I'll list my computer, then the problems in order.

Computer: Windows 10; GTX 1070; Asus Z170 Pro-gaming Aura; Corsair Vengeance LPX Ram; Samsung 850 500GB SSD.

Problems: Games started randomly crashing and giving blue screens. A couple of the bluescreen error messages that I caught were:
Stop Code: KERNAL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE & Stop code: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL what failed :nvlddmkm.sys.
I followed these up with some troubleshooting and discovered that the stop code was usually for a driver error.

Chapter Two: Fixes Followed by more Problems. I bought and installed two new pieces of hardware, being a Samsung 860 Evo 1TB SSD and another pair of ram cards, same as above. I bought these in-case the problem lay with my hard drive or ram cards. Long story short, I ran some driver repairs (which seemed to have fixed some of my crashing issues.) and installed my new parts. I cloned my old SSD onto my new one and made it my primary.
However, slightly before I did that or even installed that, my sound started acting funny. I get my sound through two devices, my headphones which plug in through USB port, and my built in speakers on my screen, connected through HDMI. My sound started to get, choppy, jittery. It would cut in and out real fast, like I was having really bad lag and then no lag continuously, but it performed this way with everything from youtube, discord, online games, or even single player games. Everything was getting the sound meh. It sounded like I was talking to two people, one was talking normally while the other was playing with wrapping paper.
This problem persisted throughout the install of the new SSD and cloning process. I have since ruled out the fact that it might be my SSD.

Next I ran diagnostic after diagnostic, each Windows one coming back with "This device is working properly." and the third party ones finding little to nothing, maybe a few driver updates. Fast forward a couple of days till today. My game crashing seems to have stopped, but I fear it might start again, however, my sound has now decided to going odd.

Chapter Three: More Sound Problems.
In an effort to see if it would work, I uninstalled my Realtek Digital Output Driver and restarted my computer to see if that would fix anything. It instead opened up a whole new problem. When I have my headphones on, my sound comes through as it has for the past few days, normal conversation with the wrapping paper. However, when I switch to my built in speakers, the only sounds I get are from Discord. I hear everything coming from there as per the new normal, but anything else, youtube, games, anything, is dead silent. I checked my volume mixer, and it shows sound happening, but no sound comes out.

In short, I am lost, clueless, and not really good with computers. Please, somebody help me, I am sinking quickly in an ever growing puddle of my own frustrated tears.

Last Note, I think there was a windows update somewhere in the early stages of this, so who knows, maybe that is the source of all my misery.

Dizahsin (Dion)

Banned
BANNED
Feb 26, 2019
I’ve recently been having the same problem! Games sometimes crashed and gave blue screens which always say “THREAT_STUCK_IN_DRIVER”. I usually ignore it.

I use a standard computer with:
Intel Core i3
AMD A10

It’s not even the WiFi or anything, it’s an old virus.
I don’t know how to respond to this, but maybe you can use Customer Service to Microsoft. Maybe that’ll work.