Audio Transition in Premier pro CC

DMK13

Estimable
Aug 27, 2014
Hey guys,
I'm having a strange problem when trying to add a Crossfade transition between two clips in Adobe Premier Pro CC. The transition is added either in the beginning of one clip or at the end of another, but I want it to be in the middle. I've tried to make it right in the effects panel but the box where it says "Alignment" is grayed out and I cant change it. I have to point out that I'm not a professional at video editing (yet :D) and sorry for my English if I haven't explained the issue clearly

Anyways, I hope you can help me somehow.

oh, and here's the snapshot

snhu6.jpg

Solution
Evidently you can only apply any of the crossfades at the end of one clip and/or the beginning of the next clip. I use Premiere Pro CC 2014 as well and just tried to see if I could add a crossfade between two clips and am getting the same results that you are. The same thing is true of Premiere Pro CC and Premiere Pro CS6. One option is to put place the video and audio clips on separate tracks and overlap (overlay) the end of one track over the beginning of the other and then apply the crossfade of your choice at the end of the first audio track.
Evidently you can only apply any of the crossfades at the end of one clip and/or the beginning of the next clip. I use Premiere Pro CC 2014 as well and just tried to see if I could add a crossfade between two clips and am getting the same results that you are. The same thing is true of Premiere Pro CC and Premiere Pro CS6. One option is to put place the video and audio clips on separate tracks and overlap (overlay) the end of one track over the beginning of the other and then apply the crossfade of your choice at the end of the first audio track.

Solution

ama5

Estimable
Apr 17, 2015
You can create crossfades - and other transitions - in the timeline that span across clips if you first trim a little from the heads and tails from the abutting clips.
premiere_transitions.png