Audio via Internal speakers and bluetooth headset at the same time on Samsung 8 Series TV

Dirtrider22

Commendable
Jul 7, 2016
I just purchased a Samsung Series 8 TV. I am trying to setup the audio to play on both internal speakers and through a blue-tooth headphones simultaneously. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

AGW

Solution
Check that your TV allows the optical audio out to operate while the TV speakers are on. If it does then you can connect a bluetooth transmitter to it. If you can't find a transmitter with optical input you will also need a DAC to convert the optical to analog stereo.

Ericredsl

Commendable
Nov 30, 2016
I have the same issue. Just bought a Samsung suhd 65 inch TV. Called Samsung and they said you can only listen to the TV speakers or headphones. Seems like the industry is really lacking in something. How about a third party coming out the splitter that work? I do have my Sennheiser Headphones connected so my wife can hear and I can listen to the TV speakers but man that's a lot of wiring between my Dish hopper and my DVD player. I do have one connection to the TV which is hdmi but I got a lot of garbage in between so I can switch back and forth between HDMI DVD or Hopper setup so the wife can hear everything through headphones

cableman15

Commendable
Dec 12, 2016
Any luck with this? What did you try?

Pmsound

Commendable
Jan 3, 2017

Pmsound

Commendable
Jan 3, 2017
The best solution (tried & tested and it works great) is using the Silent "Disco" Audio system from ZEROdB Global. I connected the RF transmitter to the cable box (not the TV) and turned the transmitter to channel 1 (has 3 channels). I then turned on one of the wireless headphones that came with it (I have 2 Headphones) and put it on channel 1. I am now listening to the TV. I can control my volume from the headphone. The TV volume is totally separate. You can mute it, turn it up or down and does not affect the volume on the headphone. The advantage of this system, it has a long range of up to 1300 ft, unlike Bluetooth that has a range of 100-300 ft. I can go to the kitchen, go upstairs, downstairs, even outside and can still hear the tv. The transmission can go through walls and floors. You can connect as many Headphones and turn to channel one and hear the TV. If I add another transmitter, I can connect it to a stereo system or iPhone and turn it to channel 2. Then I can toggle between channels from the headphones with the flick of a switch and listen to the tv on channel 1 and the stereo on channel 2.

The other advantage, the wireless headphones come with a Bluetooth adapter, so I can connect it with other Bluetooth enabled devices and not limited to using them only for the tv. Also the Headphone come with a charging cable with a USB connector and does not require a base station.