Here are my Laptop Specs:
ASUS K501LX-NB52 GAMING LAPTOP

-CPU Intel Core i5-5200u, at 2.20GHz
-8GB RAM
-Geforce GTX 950M
-HDD 1TB (2 500GB HDDs)
-SSD 128GB
-Windows 10 Installed

Now in the past my computer was able to run Rocket League, Borderlands 2, and CS:GO 50-60 fps on medium settings with almost no lag. When I downloaded the Star Wars Battlefront BETA and it asked to update my intel drivers, I tried, but to no avail. I was able to update my graphics drivers to the latest ones and that worked fine. Battlefront was able to run 40-50 fps on low settings, but it did get a little too hot. Ever since then, all the rest of my games, beside Battlefront, have been running poorly. Even with the lowest settings possible on each game, I would get 30 or less fps on each game. It will lag and make this choppy sound with the audio as it lags, making it hard to even play the game. The specs on my laptop should be able to run these games easily, as they did so in the past, and now they are crap. I have literally tried everything. From uninstalling and reinstalling my drivers, to deleting unnecessary files and scanning my computer,which I found no infected files or viruses. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

CraigN

Honorable
Aug 15, 2013
You said you reinstalled drivers, have you tried rolling back to a previous driver version before the Battlefront drivers? Since things were working status-quo before, try running on some older graphics drivers and see if you get your expected performance back.

All else fails, only other possibility is something went wrong when you tried to update your Intel drivers and that failed, you could check the ASUS site for your Laptop model and get the latest drivers from them and try reinstalling those.

Driver site: https://www.asus.com/Notebooks/K501LX/HelpDesk_Download/

DreamSycle

Estimable
Oct 11, 2015
Hey CraigN,

I did revert back to the old graphic drivers and sadly, that didn't help. I assume it isn't a problem with my graphics card. It might be the processor. Here is an example. I dimmed down all the graphic settings on Rocket League to boost my performance as much as possible. The game still stuttered and still lagged, audio and video. That is why I assume it is the processor in some way. I also tried it on Borderlands 2, and got the same result.

CraigN

Honorable
Aug 15, 2013
The only other thing I can think of is that for some reason your games aren't switching to your dedicated graphics card and that's what's causing the issue. There are a few solutions for this.

NVIDIA Control Panel, under Manage 3D Settings:
3D Settings->Manage 3D Settings
Tab "Global setttings"
Preferred Graphics Processor
Select : High performance NVIDIA processor

This can also happen if these services are stopped :
1. NVIDIA Driver Helper Service
2. NVIDIA Update Service Daemon.

Start Task Manager .Click the tab "Services" .Click on a button named "Services ..." .Find them.their names .Right click on them .then Properties . Then Click on "Start " and then select Start-up time :
for the first ->Automatic
for the second -service > Automatic(Delayed Start)

Hopefully one of these helps!

DreamSycle

Estimable
Oct 11, 2015
CraigN,

I have done the first option in the past, and sadly that didn't help.

For the second option, I went to my task manager, clicked on "services", clicked on "open services", but the only services that involves NVIDIA were NVIDIA Streamer service, NVIDIA Network service, and NVIDIA Geforce Experience, all of them are running automatically. I couldn't find anything with NVIDIA Driver Helper Service or NVIDIA Update Service Daemon.

And I don't think the problem is the GPU. It might have something to do with intel drivers I installed, but failed.