Auto focus doesn't work!!!

G

Hello,
I have a Canon Rebel xsi that seems jammed up when I try to use auto focus. I was using my camera during a shoot and took a 5 minute break when I returned to shoot it wouldn't work. what can I do?

Mirushka

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2011
Hello I have the same problem..I was using my camera Canon Rebel 300D during a shoot and suddenly the auto focus doesn´t work!! I don´t understand it! I don´t know, what I have to do now, if I have to send my camera to the service station or what? Can you help me? What did you do with your camera?
Please send me your answer to my Personal Message box (envelope icon to left)
Thank you very much :)

email address removed to protect from spam

G

If it's out of warranty you'll have to find a dealer who can fix it. And pay them.

It's a shame that digital cameras seem so fragile -- I still occasionally use a Leica 35mm camera that was made in 1958 and similar looking cheap Russian cameras from the same era that mostly work.

jmitch4861

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2010
I worked in a repair shop for 5 years. what i would do 1st is reset the camera to factory defaults(all slr's can do it) if that doesnt work i would remove the lens and see if the mirror looks locked. behind your main mirror you have a second smaller mirror that is the focus mirror if that is stuck you need to have it repaired, the warranty will cover it if it is under a year old. a repair shop will charge around 100 plus parts to replace a focus mirror