Solved! Auto-rotate works half way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 8, 2018
I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 (10.1). Whenever I use the auto rotate feature, the screen won't go back. If I turn the tablet sideways, the screen will rotate that way, but when I try to rotate back, it doesn't rotate. It will rotate, however, 360 degrees after the initial rotation, but not 90 degrees.

I have turned the rotate option off and back on, restarted tablet several times and in different orders, none of which are effective. I have done a "hard" reset which didn't correct the problem either. Any suggestions?

Solution
Try starting it up in "Safe Mode" and see if it will rotate both ways in there. Granted you won't be able to test it in most apps, they won't work in there, however you will be able to test the device itself. This will give a better idea of if it is the system itself, or something on it.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the tablet.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.
Oct 8, 2018
It doesn't matter which app I use. Some apps like Netflix automatically rotate, but if I unlock the rotator to use with my Word app, it takes several tries to get it back. Not sure if that makes sense. Even if I am looking at my desktop without any apps open, it will rotate, but only 360 degrees after the initial screen rotation.

Try starting it up in "Safe Mode" and see if it will rotate both ways in there. Granted you won't be able to test it in most apps, they won't work in there, however you will be able to test the device itself. This will give a better idea of if it is the system itself, or something on it.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the tablet.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.