Auto shut downs

Im____

Commendable
Jun 18, 2016
I have a second-hand laptop for almost 3 or 4 years.can not tell for how long the first owner have had it.today I cleaned the cooler and replaced the thermal paste on 3 spots where I noticed it was applied since then.now when I start a game my laptop shuts down.the time between the shut down and fastest switch on is 2-5 seconds.how to fix ?

Hi,

Does this happen even it's connected to it's AC adapter or charger? Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to do a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then connect just the AC adapter and see if it will work normally or not.
- Do also try a different AC adapter that has the same voltage and see if it will not shutdown automatically.
- If these steps will not work the problem may lie inside the motherboard itself.
- Do try to reseat all the RAM's as well, remove them all for couple of second then put them back in making sure they are all seated properly.
- If all these will still not work then the problem is the motherboard itself already.

Im____

Commendable
Jun 18, 2016

I have tried all of these but still doesn't work.since I have the laptop I always used it charging because the battery is faulty.the adapter is 19.5 V as the laptop but the adapter Is AC and laptop is DC.this wasn't a problem until now

Im____

Commendable
Jun 18, 2016
I have a question.why does it need an adaptor replacement if this problem only occurs on playing games ?browsing the Internet and browser games work fine

TRENDING THREADS