Auto Volume Control on Sony HT-XT1

The Wiz

Estimable
Aug 27, 2014
I have a Sony HT-XT1 sound bar. Great sound BUT I can't get one feature to work. It is the "automatic volume leveling". It just does not work! Watching movies is painfull.

Solution
Is it turned on in the audio menu? Does it stay on?
If not then there is a glitch in the Sony.
If it does then maybe it isn't meant for sound leveling in a movie. The description in the manual only mentions leveling from programs to commercials not within the program. You could try the LEVEL menu - Dynamic Range Control. That may only work for Dolby Digital content though.
Is it turned on in the audio menu? Does it stay on?
If not then there is a glitch in the Sony.
If it does then maybe it isn't meant for sound leveling in a movie. The description in the manual only mentions leveling from programs to commercials not within the program. You could try the LEVEL menu - Dynamic Range Control. That may only work for Dolby Digital content though.

Solution

The Wiz

Estimable
Aug 27, 2014

Thanks for your advice. I have tried ALL the settings to no avail. This has left a sour taste in my mouth for Sony products. It goes on Craigslist tomorrow. For the price, I expected more. Automatic audio levels is nothing new and not exotic electronics. Shame on you, Sony!