automatically charge battery to 100% when plugged in

swerd

Prominent
Apr 1, 2017
MY COMPUTER IS AN HP PAVILION DV6T-7000. MY OPERATING SYSTEM IS WINDOWS 7 PROFESSIONAL. THE BATTERY CONTINUES TO DISCHARGE (NOW AT 95%) AND I GET A MESSAGE THAT THE LAPTOP IS PLUGGED IN BUT NOT CHARGING. HOW CAN I OVERRIDE THIS STATUS AND GET A FULL 100% CHARGE AUTOMATICALLY EACH TIME I PLUG THE COMPUTER IN, SO I CAN BE ASSURED OF HAVING A 100% FULLY CHARGED, FRESH BATTERY AT ALL TIMES? LAST TIME THIS HAPPENED, IT FINALLY AUTOMATICALLY CHARGED THE BATTERY TO 100%, BUT I WANT TO CHARGE IT FULLY ON MY SCHEDULE AND NOT WHENEVER THE COMPUTER DECIDES OR DOESN'T DECIDE TO CHARGE IT!

(P.S. ~ I TYPE IN ALL CAPS DUE TO MY LIMITED SIGHT AND OTHER DISABILITIES. SORRY IF THIS OFFENDS YOU!)

It isn't that all caps offend, but online it is considered yelling. A way around that, if it is a disability, would be to enlarge the font you see on the site. Which will only effect how you see it and not how others see it. You wouldn't even have to do it to the whole computer, just the browser or even an individual site. Then you can type without caps. :)

You can't get a full charge automatically every time. There are to many variables to have that. Any program that claims it can make that happen isn't being honest. Most will charge to a certain point and then slow down as they reach the full charge, charging slower. Also, if the battery is older then it would hold less and less of a charge.

swerd

Prominent
Apr 1, 2017

swerd

Prominent
Apr 1, 2017
MY DISABILITY IS SUCH THAT I CAN ONLY USE UPPER CASE TO TYPE AND READ!!! I WOULDN'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO ENLARGE THE FONT EVEN IF I WAS ABLE TO TYPE WITHOUT ALL CAPS. I AM NOT YELLING; I AM DISABLED!!!

ANYWAY, THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION OF MY PROBLEM. YOU DIDN'T GIVE ME A SOLUTION, THOUGH, BUT QUITE AN EDUCATION! AFTER MY POST, MY COMPUTER TOLD ME IT NEEDED TO SHUT DOWN. THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I TRIED TO USE IT TODAY AND, ALAS, MY BATTERY CHARGED TO 100%. i GUESS WHEN IT HAPPENS NEXT TIME, INSTEAD OF USING THE SLEEP MODE, I WILL JUST HAVE TO SHUT IT DOWN COMPLETELY AND NOT USE IT FOR A DAY. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP ANYWAY!!! AND I'M NOT YELLING!!!