AV Receiver Sony STR-DH750 or Pioneer VSX-44 Help.

builder13

Honorable
Jul 22, 2013
hi everyone, i needed some help with buying a receiver for a home theater system and which av receiver would be best with my speakers. my 2 front speakers are klipsch R-26F, back speakers are klipsch R-15M, center is klipsch R-25C and the subwoofer klipsch R-10SW. as of now i dont want to spend more than $350 including taxes. my 2 options for av receivers are the sony str dh750 or the pioneer elite vsx-44. my question is when it comes to audio for music and movies which would output better audio? features im not really to worry about it. my concern is which one would give the best audio. thank you, any help would be appreciated.

Solution
The two AVR's will be very similar in sound, neither one will have a clear advantage over the other, however the room correction may make a difference (MCACC for Pioneer, DCAC for Sony) unfortunately I don't really know much about Sony's implementation and couldn't tell you for certain which one might be better. I believe MCACC is more robust but there may not be enough of a difference to really matter though. I'd say that as long as both meet the features you are looking for, go with the cheapest one and taking the savings and put it towards a future better sub.

ien2222

Distinguished
The two AVR's will be very similar in sound, neither one will have a clear advantage over the other, however the room correction may make a difference (MCACC for Pioneer, DCAC for Sony) unfortunately I don't really know much about Sony's implementation and couldn't tell you for certain which one might be better. I believe MCACC is more robust but there may not be enough of a difference to really matter though. I'd say that as long as both meet the features you are looking for, go with the cheapest one and taking the savings and put it towards a future better sub.

Solution