Avast and Thunderbird

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTD777

Honorable
Apr 4, 2012
Hello again Toms COmmunity,
I am asking you guys about this because I cannot find a thread with updated information that can help me.

I am running the most current versions of Avast (8) and Thunderbird (17.0.7) and need help ensuring that avast will be able to scan all my ingoing and outgoing messages. What settings do I need on both accounts to ensure this??

Thank you so much,
J.T.

Solution
Are you having other issues? Possibly malware turning the scanner off? I've been using avast and thunderbird for quite a few years and haven't run into this problem. I'm currently running the newest version of avast and thunderbird. When I look at the mail shield, it reports 129 messages scanned, no infections.

At the very least, I'd try reinstalling avast after fully purging it from your system. Sometimes the default avast uninstaller doesn't do a good job of removing stuff. This will nuke it. ;)

http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility

JTD777

Honorable
Apr 4, 2012

These are the settings I have yet avast hasn't scanned many of my emails...

Hawkeye22

Distinguished
Are you having other issues? Possibly malware turning the scanner off? I've been using avast and thunderbird for quite a few years and haven't run into this problem. I'm currently running the newest version of avast and thunderbird. When I look at the mail shield, it reports 129 messages scanned, no infections.

At the very least, I'd try reinstalling avast after fully purging it from your system. Sometimes the default avast uninstaller doesn't do a good job of removing stuff. This will nuke it. ;)

http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility

Solution

JTD777

Honorable
Apr 4, 2012
A quick reboot solved the problem. Thank you guys much for helping me out :D I just built my computer and am tweaking the heck out of it to fit me, this is just one of many tweaks.

JTD777

Honorable
Apr 4, 2012

I already had avast installed, a few restarts ago. I had messed with my thunderbird settings and had to re enable my ssl/tls settings and restart.

Status
Not open for further replies.