avast! Using 100% Disk Space!

TheJJBman11

Estimable
Jan 6, 2015
Hey!

Since upgrading to Windows 10, amongst a plethora for other issues and bugs, I have found that avast! is using 100% of my disk space. I was always under the assumption that avast! was a lightweight program; however, apparently not: http://imgur.com/tusKx6K

Thank you all for reading :)

Solution
That is not disk space. If it were you would crash. That is read rate/disk access. It has determined you hard drive is capable of around 60MB/s and it's thinks it's being accessed as fast as it can be. I would consider that normal to good if running a full system scan. What probably happening is avast is scanning files as you accessthem and it's picking that up. Depending on how often it samples it may be picking up burst activity as more constant.

Still I'd uninstall and reboot/reinstall the latest version. Seems excessive when not running a scan

unksol

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
That is not disk space. If it were you would crash. That is read rate/disk access. It has determined you hard drive is capable of around 60MB/s and it's thinks it's being accessed as fast as it can be. I would consider that normal to good if running a full system scan. What probably happening is avast is scanning files as you accessthem and it's picking that up. Depending on how often it samples it may be picking up burst activity as more constant.

Still I'd uninstall and reboot/reinstall the latest version. Seems excessive when not running a scan

Solution

TheJJBman11

Estimable
Jan 6, 2015

Okay thank you for the response. I will un/reinstall right away.

Nerx

Estimable
Apr 21, 2015
Hey,

This seems to be a pretty common problem with avast, wether it's CPU, RAM, or disk usage. Have you considered they alternatives to avast? Or just use widows defender.

TheJJBman11

Estimable
Jan 6, 2015

I'm thinking of moving over to BitDefender in January when my subscriptions ends. I've previously tried Norton but that was a big no no, crashed my system all the time.

Connie_12

Commendable
Aug 10, 2016
MY SOLUTION: SEAGATE EXTERNAL DRIVE uninstall ALL software

I tried your solutions and solutions in all the forums

For me it was the Seagate external drive software for my slim drive. Per Seagate's website, I can still use it as disk storage the same as a flash drive - but not the dashboard/backup software.

I was only removing the drive (the usb) but immediately after uninstalling ALL Seagate related programs my computer went back to normal and has been every since. (Note; I also re-started my computer after uninstalling).

Though I know each person cause may be different, I hope this helps someone.