Avatar Beats Dark Knight's Blu-ray Sales Records

Status
Not open for further replies.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
the story was cliche... people are convinced that this is a revolutionary movie, but only the visuals were revolutionary.

this movie should be watched in 3d only, and it's better if you're stoned. i'm just sayin.

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
[citation][nom]eklipz330[/nom].... and it's better if you're stoned. i'm just sayin.[/citation]
Your location is New York, so you are not supposed to be getting stoned in the first place...

on the other hand, I'm dutch, so I encourage it! :p

KyleSTL

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2007
And when the Deluxe edition, and Special Edition, and 3D Edition come out I'm sure sales will be just as good. Ah, the life of James Cameron. I'd imagine his house looks like the mansion from Duck Tales, complete with gold coin pool.

jibear

Distinguished
May 19, 2009
I purchased it on blu-ray. Quality was outstanding!!
The script and story-line was fun yet average. Overall very good movie due to the out of this world visuals.

borisof007

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
For anyone thinking Britain fails at math, the article states that North American sales were 6.7 million and of that 2.7 million were on Blu-Ray. This article didn't give figures on UK sales, which I believe is what the quoted man was talking about (Giving him the benefit of the doubt here).

ansar

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2009
My Walmart had the BD and DVD together for $15.99. Can't go wrong there. I kept the BD and gave the DVD to my parents. :)

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
Still don't have a blu-ray player, still don't see the point.
I only see a quality change once you hit the 32" mark on screens, and I still have my old 24" Sony Trinitron CRT. Love it, feel no need to upgrade.

Glad to see the format is finally becoming more mainstream though, maybe someday I'll buy a Blu-Ray drive for my PC.

But then again... all of this is coming from a guy who still uses broadcast TV, and owns a total of 3 movies on DVD & 7 on VHS.

ksampanna

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
[citation][nom]jibear[/nom]I purchased it on blu-ray. Quality was outstanding!!The script and story-line was fun yet average. Overall very good movie due to the out of this world visuals.[/citation]
The movie scores on a sheer technical level alone.

[citation][nom]Ragnar-Kon[/nom]Still don't have a blu-ray player, still don't see the point.I only see a quality change once you hit the 32" mark on screens, and I still have my old 24" Sony Trinitron CRT. Love it, feel no need to upgrade.Glad to see the format is finally becoming more mainstream though, maybe someday I'll buy a Blu-Ray drive for my PC.But then again... all of this is coming from a guy who still uses broadcast TV, and owns a total of 3 movies on DVD & 7 on VHS.[/citation]
I would like to know which movies you possess :)

lilwillis

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2009
[citation][nom]dreamphantom_1977[/nom]Are you kidding me? Avatar was the best movie ever. Since I watched it I shaved my 3 cats bald and had them all tattooed blue.[/citation]
As long as you didn't do that to yourself, you are still sadly considered normal by some...

dxwarlock

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2008
[citation][nom]fooldog01[/nom]Avatar was so weak from a storytelling/writing standpoint. I don't understand the point in watching this movie in 2D.[/citation]
so your movie is only 1 dimension higher than the 1D characters and plot.
hence more enjoyable experience as you don't have the distracting separation of 2 dimensions between visuals and character personalities.

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
[citation][nom]LORD_ORION[/nom]DVD, I don't have Blu-Ray yet, I have HDDVD... Fail.[/citation]
you poor boy,

I'm with you though, still have not upgraded my $15 DVD drive.

hakesterman

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
Avitar is hands down the greatest movie ever produced, anyone who dissagree's needs to go get there eyes and minds checked by a physician. The movie has it all, awsome visuals, Adventure, drama, Love Story, what more could you possibly ask for??????? Can't wait for the sequel..........

dreamphantom_1977

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2008
[citation][nom]fooldog01[/nom]Avatar was so weak from a storytelling/writing standpoint. I don't understand the point in watching this movie in 2D.[/citation]

If the story telling was so week, I don't think the movie would be as popular as it is. I love special effects, but I think the story and the acting was great.

I think, that the people who say the acting wasn't that good, are just too damn picky. I think the acting can be judged by the majority of the people. As acting is rated by opinions, and majority opinion rules.

On a side note, my best friend said the movie wasn't that great, but he bought the blue ray the first day it came out. Go figure.

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
lol the new BD+ was cracked by Sunday.

[citation][nom]xbeater[/nom]you poor boy,I'm with you though, still have not upgraded my $15 DVD drive.[/citation]

-Get a 60$ internal BR drive.
-Rent
-Rip to ISO.
-????
-Profit!

Dax corrin

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2009
I pissed off my wife and bought the DVD/Blu-Ray combo, and a BLu-Ray player for $100 at Costco. Visually stunning, and it upconverts my DVDs so they look a bit better. I've been waiting for the players to hit the $100 mark, now just get the movies to come down to DVD prices and I'm a happy camper.

Status
Not open for further replies.