'Avatar' Viewers Going Into Pandora Withdrawl

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadow187

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2009
I can't say that I'm surprised, but I didn't think the movie'd take things that far into people's heads.

All well, people that suicide over movies might be people better off not in this world. :|

thegreathuntingdolphin

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2009
"Start living like Neytiri: in touch with nature, the environment, and not being greedy and wasteful. Pass on the burger, for something more healthy for you and less cruel to animals

If Avatar brings about a new hippee movement, I am gonna be pissed...

aletoil

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2010
All this is is an exercise in escapism. Most likely its people who feel how they are living now pale in comparison to what the fictional "pandora" offers. Movies like that attract all types. On the other hand, this world 50% of the time stinks, so I don't blame them.

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
[citation][nom]thegreathuntingdolphin[/nom]If Avatar brings about a new hippee movement, I am gonna be pissed...[/citation]

Yeah, heaven f'ing forbid people start thinking that raping the planet might not be a good idea...

MiamiU

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
I don't see the difference between this and religious people that believe in bible fairy tales. It's just human nature for some to seek refuge in stories or superstitions.

Hellboy

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2007
you watch there will be avatar the game in 3d vision then that will shake a large tree...

Avatar online - like World of Warcraft..

seboj

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2008
It gets worse.

People are already dressing like Na'vi, and petitioning the government to have them recognized as their own race of people. They've filed with the Anti-Defamation League.

G

if that happend the i would not give the world more then 5 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.