Solved! Avermedia GC573 4k caqrd not passing through 4k content

May 15, 2019
Hi I have recently been setting up my streaming pc and installed a GC537 4k card. I was previously connecting my PS4 pro direct to my Sony 4k TV and was getting 4k content. However when connecting through the card it changes the resolution to 1080p the minute I fire up any games even those which are 4k compatible.

PC spec is I7 6700k, 16GB ram, 1080 nvidia gfx card, asus rog formula 8 maximus motherboard

May 15, 2019
use the compatibility tool of avermedia to have a look
https://www.avermedia.com/us/product-detail/GC573

also use the latest drivers and gaming app from this site

Hi I am already running the latest software and drivers and have also rebuilt the machine with no joy. I have also been speaking to Avermedia who are stumped as to what is causing the problem as far as they are concerned the card should be running in 4k. I have also ran the compatibility software and it's showing 4k should be possible.

Did you restart windows right after the install of avermedia software?

EDIT
Which Sony TV is it? Update the firmware if available. Try a different HDMI cable

try the AVerMedia Gaming Utility HDCP handshaking switch

the 4k resolution is set to 3.840 x 2.160 @60Hz ?

Last edited:
May 15, 2019
It's the sony kd55xf9005 which if I am connected directly to it works fine in 4k and I get HDR content in games that have it. I have also tried different HDMI cables and the same cables used to connect directly to the TV from the console give me a 4k output.

May 15, 2019
You are a star!

While I had been in and set the screen to HDMI enhanced when I got the TV I missed the bit about ports 2 and 3 only capable of HDR

Swapped the cable over to port 2 and presto the games are now running in 4k :)

Thanks for that