Backup Software Data and Outlook

hardtech

Estimable
Apr 13, 2014
I have many client OS running Windows 10/8/7 over wired and wireless connections. I want to backup (Incremental. MODIFIED +NEW FILES) to a windows server attached storage's. Which all are the best software to perform this back up either from WINDOWS SERVER SIDE/ from Client side. Please let me know one that schedules or runs when the schedule is missed. Also is there any software that backup outlook while it is running?/ While it is not running?

I prefer data backup with out any proprietary extension. Normal copy-paste type or one which can view in windows explorer is required. Presently i use everyday backup but its getting not responding in the middle

Solution
You can run a disc image and backup outlook while its running, but to simply backup the PST file outlook has to be closed.

I like Macrium Reflect for doing full disk images, for commerical use you will have to buy a licensed version but it is not too expensive per PC.

For file backup I like Syncback. With the SE and Pro versions you can tell it to auto close any program on the client machine and you can setup to save multiple versions of the files (like windows shadow copy).

Since the introduction of cryptolocker and other self-encrypting ransomware just putting backups to a network share are not sufficient anymore. The final data-at-rest has to be in a directory that only the windows server admin account has write privileges to.
You can run a disc image and backup outlook while its running, but to simply backup the PST file outlook has to be closed.

I like Macrium Reflect for doing full disk images, for commerical use you will have to buy a licensed version but it is not too expensive per PC.

For file backup I like Syncback. With the SE and Pro versions you can tell it to auto close any program on the client machine and you can setup to save multiple versions of the files (like windows shadow copy).

Since the introduction of cryptolocker and other self-encrypting ransomware just putting backups to a network share are not sufficient anymore. The final data-at-rest has to be in a directory that only the windows server admin account has write privileges to.

Solution