banana plugs to rca wireless receiver

asdfg99

Honorable
Jun 21, 2013
I have a house audio system on which the speakers are connected using banana plugs. I would like to install a low voltage outdoor speaker/light system that utilizes a RCA cable for input into the wireless transmitter. This transmitter has its own power source. Is there any way I can connect the RCA cable to the banana plugs?

Steve-o

Solution
Many receivers used to have a Line or Tape out(to allow you to record the radio to a connected tape deck).

If you have this, you should be able to use it to connect to the outdoor speakers transmitter.

Failing that, if you feel like a little DIY, this should work as well(provided your amp is under 50watts and has a common ground.).
www.epanorama.net/circuits/speaker_to_line.html

nukemaster

Distinguished
Many receivers used to have a Line or Tape out(to allow you to record the radio to a connected tape deck).

If you have this, you should be able to use it to connect to the outdoor speakers transmitter.

Failing that, if you feel like a little DIY, this should work as well(provided your amp is under 50watts and has a common ground.).
www.epanorama.net/circuits/speaker_to_line.html

Solution

asdfg99

Honorable
Jun 21, 2013
Thanks Dingo, looks like I am out of luck. All of the output jacks are for wired speakers.

an RCA input (Line In) is different than a Speaker Level input - not going to work

you need to run the RCA from the new box to the Output of one of the sources on the receiver[/quotemsg]

asdfg99

Honorable
Jun 21, 2013
nukemaster you are the best! It has been so long since I used the line out that I had forgotten about it. Got it plugged in, set up the transmitter, hooked a test outdoor speaker attached to outdoor receiver, and it is working sweet. Thanks much!
Steve-o