Status
Not open for further replies.

avik.bara

Prominent
Dec 8, 2017
I recently bought avast premium or whatever it is called and everything was fine and dandy.
A few days back i decided to do a boot scan and apparently a lot of zip files were corrupted or something. So i decided to google what that meant, the google search took me to Avast forum and there i received a message/notification saying i have been banned from the forum and the time limit on the ban is not set.
Here is the thing I HAVE NEVER USED THE FORUM ever. This was my first time using the forum after i created an account thinking it was required to make the Avast purchase. Now i go to the support page and cannot find any where i can get help and hence i am here.
Please help, what can i do? atm i do not require the Avast forum but what if i do in the future and why the hell have i been banned?

Solution
avik.bara -- The most likely reason for this is that the IP you are on has been banned for some reason (i.e., excessive spam or malicious activity) which is unfortunately a reality on any forum.

Are you using a VPN? It sounds like you are not using SecureLine VPN, but how about any other service? That is most likely the culprit.

If that is not the case, then please message me -- if you wish to provide your IP address to my team for review, we may be able to lift the ban, although it's unlikely that it would ever create an issue unless it was a shared IP. It's also possible the IP was banned in error, or there is something else going on (do you have any other kind of blocking software? have you tried different browsers? etc.)

All in...

Colif

Distinguished
Did you try this page? https://www.avast.com/en-au/contacts (might help to look on about us tab on the Avast site, and then click contact us in drop down. Aust site might not help you if you elsewhere.

We can't really help from this end but i think there is an Avast rep around here somewhere who might help you get to bottom of it. Sounds like a misunderstanding or something if you only visit page, and never used it before.

4745454b

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2006
This was my first time using the forum after i created an account thinking it was required to make the Avast purchase.

Some forums ban the account if you don't click on the emailed link. You might have been sent an email to click to "turn on" the account. Might be in your spam folder if you never saw it. I do know we can't help you so make sure to follow Colif's advice.

avik.bara

Prominent
Dec 8, 2017

The contact page brings me to a page where there are options related to products but nothing related to help with forums. I think i will take your advice and figure out a way to contact them. It seems even if i go to the forum as a guest it still shows the ban message.
KSQaop6.jpg

Thank you for your help.

avik.bara

Prominent
Dec 8, 2017

Avast comes with its own rebranded VPN but i don't use it because it causes problems for me with origin and Windows store games.
Honestly i felt a bit offended because i spent money on their product and they banned me for no reason without me even ever visiting the forum.

avik.bara

Prominent
Dec 8, 2017

That could be it because i created the account thinking i need to have a forum account to buy the service but later realized i didn't need it so i never checked for the email you mentioned.
Thank you for your help.

4745454b

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2006
Some forums are like that. I don't know if that's what is going on here. I don't it is because you have that issue as a guest. I would think there is some sort of IP ban in place. Perhaps try it with their VPN on?

Avast-Team

Estimable
Mar 3, 2017
avik.bara -- The most likely reason for this is that the IP you are on has been banned for some reason (i.e., excessive spam or malicious activity) which is unfortunately a reality on any forum.

Are you using a VPN? It sounds like you are not using SecureLine VPN, but how about any other service? That is most likely the culprit.

If that is not the case, then please message me -- if you wish to provide your IP address to my team for review, we may be able to lift the ban, although it's unlikely that it would ever create an issue unless it was a shared IP. It's also possible the IP was banned in error, or there is something else going on (do you have any other kind of blocking software? have you tried different browsers? etc.)

All in all, we encourage honest feedback on our forums and don't have any intention to ban legitimate users so we're happy to look into this!

Solution

ElectrO_90

Commendable
Jun 21, 2016
The easiest way to view a page you are having problems with is to use Google Translate.

Put the website address in it, say the local language is French (even though it isn't) then the translated page to English. This should bring up the page.

Status
Not open for further replies.