Barnes & Noble Pushes Ereading with Free Coffee

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

because if the app is anything like the nook, it allows you to read any of their ebook instore for free, kinda try before you buy but you have to be physically at a Barnes and Nobles store for it to work

make sense to me

kyeana

Distinguished
May 21, 2008
I was just look at getting a nook myself. While i was at the local BnN, i found out that the nook is running android. Oh the options! :p

captain save-a-ho

Distinguished
May 12, 2010
I have a Nook and it's fantastic. Besides the ability to "side-load" my own content (PDF, ePub, et al), B&N let's you try out eBooks while in the store for an hour. So you can read an eBook for an hour each day your in the store. It's just awesome and really outstrips the Kindle, in my opinion.

hokkdawg

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2009
I'd compare the competing e-reader platforms to a classic format war. People have a lot of choices in e-readers out there, and most of them are pretty much the same; might as well pick the e-reading platform that will give you free coffee :p

In that business, it's all about platform loyalty, since the e-books you purchase are tied to an account & provider. If your first e-book is with B&N, you must be more likely to stick with them for your future e-book needs.

lebois kid

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2010
I've been on the fence re: which to buy, may go with the Nook now. Not because of the free coffee, I get that at work. They have a $50 B&N E-Book gift card offer if you get the Nook, so it's like getting it for $209.

Status
Not open for further replies.