Solved! Bass/Volume Switches Reversed

Dec 30, 2018
Over the years, I have changed out many components on my regular PC. Earlier this year, I finally did "brain surgery" replacing my Gen 1 Intel Core i7 microprocessor with the same in a Gen. 8. Hence, I also changed to a new motherboard and went from DDR3 with DDR4 RAM. While everything was removed, I took advantage to organize the rat's nest of wires and clean out all of the dust balls behind my desk. About time!
Now for the part I can't figure out. Everything is working fine. However, I have a set of Klipsch 2.1 speakers on the system. I replaced the speaker plug into the same spot on my new motherboard. (The only viable option among the six inputs). For some strange reason, the bass switch on the speaker's control panel now controls the volume, while the volume switch now controls the bass setting! This is nothing that I can't live with. I would just like to know how this is possible.

Solution
Did you go into the initial audio setup where it output a tone on each speaker to make sure you have hooked up the proper speaker to its proper jack?

If the above correct, it may just be a dumb software bug, a non-fatal one.