Beat by dre

G

Hello, Had some Beats solo headpoes for one week and just using them on my ipod and laptop etc and the sound does not sound right. The sound is muffled and the voice of singer etc can barely be heard, cn anyone help?

Carma143

Distinguished
May 22, 2011
Ya...ummmm....didn't you know before you bought Beats that they have the same sound quality comparable to a $10-20 pair of Sennheisers/Shures/etc. Beats are just a name. They took 2 speakers, awkwardly tuned them to pump out mostly bass, and then they attached them to a single piece of cheap plastic for both the Studios and the Solo HDs. Their sound quality is pretty constant throughout their lineup, so the Solo HDs sound the same as the Pros.

Now onto helping you with your problem. I advise returning the Beats as soon as you can and get some better headphones. As I said earlier, the Beats focus on muddy, bloated out bass, drowning out the mids and treble, where most of the clear, voices and music comes from.

Sorry if I'm sounding a bit harsh. It's just really hard for someone experienced with audio to not get pissed off at the Beats by Dr. Dre, with their low quality sound and design. Then having every ignorant wanna-be, including some who are not wanna-bees, into buying Beats. Hopefully I have answered your question. If you think I was too harsh, then say so. What can I say? I like to hear people's opinions :)

pattonrommel

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2011
Hello, Had some Beats solo headpoes for one week and just using them on my ipod and laptop etc and the sound does not sound right. The sound is muffled and the voice of singer etc can barely be heard, cn anyone help?
Beats suck so much that Dr. Dre doesn't even use them. He uses the ATH M50. Just saying man, but they ripped you off. Don't buy Bose (unless they're $20 cheaper than the asking price), Skullcandys, and Beats. Klipsch S4 oh damn those earphones are mind blowing after 100+ hour burn in.