BEEP function not present in .NET CF.......

G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

The function Beep does not exist for the .NET Compact Framework. Does
anyone know of any other function which does the same work? Or has any
one developed one. And also I want a beep function with a .1 ms
precision. Is that possible at the level we are working at or i will
need to do assembly level programming?

Hope to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,
Amit
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

There is a playsound API call in Coredll.dll you can use to play a wav file
for a certain period.

Check out this:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.compactframework/browse_thread/thread/1a6bde004b65c944/fb6dc22402ac9659?q=PlaySound#fb6dc22402ac9659

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.compactframework/browse_thread/thread/5aee3a3f261a0af7/77f1118f48694fcb?q=PlaySound#77f1118f48694fcb


[DllImport("coredll.dll", EntryPoint="sndPlaySoundW")]
private static extern int PlaySound(String szName, uint uiSound);

You're in the wrong group for the best help.

For cf.net programming questions goto:

microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.compactframework

Good Luck



<amitkhemlani@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1110491093.472216.181700@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
> The function Beep does not exist for the .NET Compact Framework. Does
> anyone know of any other function which does the same work? Or has any
> one developed one. And also I want a beep function with a .1 ms
> precision. Is that possible at the level we are working at or i will
> need to do assembly level programming?
>
> Hope to hearing from you soon.
>
> Thanks,
> Amit
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Thanks for the help Chance. I do not want to play a WAV file. I have a
stream of bits and want to decide on the fly what type of sound I need
to play. For bit 1, I want a sound of 1000 Hz frequency for a 0.1 ms
duration. And for bit 0, I want a sound of 2000Hz frequency for 0.1 ms.
I will post my questions on the other group too. Again, Thanks for the
help.

Waiting for you reply.

Best Regards,
Amit

Chance Hopkins wrote:
> There is a playsound API call in Coredll.dll you can use to play a
wav file
> for a certain period.
>
> Check out this:
>
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.compactframework/browse_thread/thread/1a6bde004b65c944/fb6dc22402ac9659?q=PlaySound#fb6dc22402ac9659
>
>
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.compactframework/browse_thread/thread/5aee3a3f261a0af7/77f1118f48694fcb?q=PlaySound#77f1118f48694fcb
>
>
> [DllImport("coredll.dll", EntryPoint="sndPlaySoundW")]
> private static extern int PlaySound(String szName, uint uiSound);
>
> You're in the wrong group for the best help.
>
> For cf.net programming questions goto:
>
> microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.compactframework
>
> Good Luck
>
>
>
> <amitkhemlani@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1110491093.472216.181700@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
> > The function Beep does not exist for the .NET Compact Framework.
Does
> > anyone know of any other function which does the same work? Or has
any
> > one developed one. And also I want a beep function with a .1 ms
> > precision. Is that possible at the level we are working at or i
will
> > need to do assembly level programming?
> >
> > Hope to hearing from you soon.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Amit
> >
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

<amitkhemlani@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1110549786.203834.5780@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> Thanks for the help Chance. I do not want to play a WAV file. I have a
> stream of bits and want to decide on the fly what type of sound I need
> to play. For bit 1, I want a sound of 1000 Hz frequency for a 0.1 ms
> duration. And for bit 0, I want a sound of 2000Hz frequency for 0.1 ms.
> I will post my questions on the other group too. Again, Thanks for the
> help.

I understand what you want to do. I'd like to know how to do that too. There
seem to be a couple people who claim they can do it, but they never really
get to the answer. These are some threads you might like to read which
discuss more what you are after:

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.compactframework/search?group=microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.compactframework&q=DTMF&qt_g=1



>
> Waiting for you reply.
>
> Best Regards,
> Amit
>
> Chance Hopkins wrote:
>> There is a playsound API call in Coredll.dll you can use to play a
> wav file
>> for a certain period.
>>
>> Check out this:
>>
> http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.compactframework/browse_thread/thread/1a6bde004b65c944/fb6dc22402ac9659?q=PlaySound#fb6dc22402ac9659
>>
>>
> http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.compactframework/browse_thread/thread/5aee3a3f261a0af7/77f1118f48694fcb?q=PlaySound#77f1118f48694fcb
>>
>>
>> [DllImport("coredll.dll", EntryPoint="sndPlaySoundW")]
>> private static extern int PlaySound(String szName, uint uiSound);
>>
>> You're in the wrong group for the best help.
>>
>> For cf.net programming questions goto:
>>
>> microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.compactframework
>>
>> Good Luck
>>
>>
>>
>> <amitkhemlani@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:1110491093.472216.181700@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
>> > The function Beep does not exist for the .NET Compact Framework.
> Does
>> > anyone know of any other function which does the same work? Or has
> any
>> > one developed one. And also I want a beep function with a .1 ms
>> > precision. Is that possible at the level we are working at or i
> will
>> > need to do assembly level programming?
>> >
>> > Hope to hearing from you soon.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Amit
>> >
>
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS