BEGGING for help- hdmi/vga,Dynex tv, no display, etc

salemdelirious

Estimable
Jul 2, 2014
I initially had a shitty Hisense that would allow my custom semi-gaming computer to show a clear display for maybe 15-30 minutes via hdmi. Eventually when I installed my Nividia 600 series something graphic card (which I borrowed from my friend and is why I don't remember the EXACT type), it worked on the switched out TV that I have now..which is a Dynex DX-37L30A LCD. http://www.dynexproducts.com/products/televisions/DX-37L130A11.html
It's 37" and 720p. My computer is now without the graphics card because I am on bad terms with the person who lended it to me (completely without any card). It worked GORGEOUSLY with the hdmi cord displaying the desktop..but ONLY through the graphics card. Once they took it home, I found that the TV constantly told me that neither the HDMI port had a signal, NOR the VGA.
I have an mdi motherboard, and it'll display that icon upon startup, but anything beyond that is simply a black screen that only shows the cursor.
Oddly enough, one of the first times I tried it via the hdmi mortherboard port versus the card's, it showed the display, but extremely glitchy and in a slew of odd colors that made it impossible to make out anything. After that, it simply did the black screen and cursor.
I've tried lowering the resolution, uninstalling the card's drivers, and rebooting the computer plenty.

I'm on the verge of pulling my hair out because I'm right on the due date for testing for my insurance license, and I have no computer access whatsoever..I'm desperate.
It's for SURE not the cord (vga or hdmi). Nothing has changed in the wiring, nor motherboard. It's not the power supply. But there has to be some solution to making this cooperate? Please let me know of anything you guys know of. I would appreciate it SO much.

For anyone wondering,
my computer has (I'm about intermediate- forgive me for any ignorance or vagueness)-

-600 power supply
-amd quad core radeon..2.5 something (it's enough to run decent to games on ultra, though someone installed it for me and I never actually looked at its specs).
-8gb ram
-100g hd
-8gb SSD

I'm BEGGING anyone. Thanks guys!

ceh4702

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2011
Maybe you are overdriving the TV. HDMI is pretty much standard at 1080p by default you may have to adjust the resolution to 720p on the computer's video resolution to slow it down enough to use with the TV.

I never even heard of the brands of your products for the TV or the motherboard. You are not going to get very good help if you don't have the exact hardware specs.

What video devices are you using now?
TV?
Monitor?

Some motherboards may have multiple video connectors but may only support one video device at a time or you may have to change a setting in the BIOS or the onboard graphics driver.

TRENDING THREADS