Best 32" LCD TV for a Computer Monitor? (Under $300)

kaisare

Honorable
May 22, 2012
Hi, I'm building my new computer and now it's time to pick a monitor. I only have $300 max to spend on my monitor and I REALLY want a big screen as I watch videos a lot. I will use my computer mostly for a light gaming (Diablo 3), programming and surfing on the internet. I have i5-3570k and Radeon HD 6870 (not going to overclock for a while - want to build a better cooling system before I try overclocking... and this needs money). Well, as I want a 1080p, 60Hz LCD TV for my computer monitor (HDMI cable will be used to connect them) and I can't really decide on what product I should buy... I have came up with few products.

Vizio ($284.99): http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16889262153
Element ($199.99): http://www.compusa.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1159546&CatId=3813
Insignia ($249.99): http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Insignia%26%23153%3B+-+32%26%2334%3B+Class+/+LCD+/+1080p+/+60Hz+/+HDTV/4550185.p?id=1218483794718&skuId=4550185

If I have a money, I would definitely go with either Samsung or LG, but they are too expensive... Please recommend a TV under $300 that will work great for my need (whether it's one of those three or another product out there).

p.s. Can any one give me a link or explain different brands a bit? I have seen tons of them and I don't know whether they are good for not...

Solution
Any of the cheap brands are as good as the other. Vizio is probably the best one out of those. But you are looking at refurbished models which are basically broken units that were repaired. Many of them end up breaking withing days of a new owner getting them.

Look for some new 32" LCDs unless you are OK with taking a chance of getting something used cheaper that won't have the same warranty and has a much higher risk of failing.
Any of the cheap brands are as good as the other. Vizio is probably the best one out of those. But you are looking at refurbished models which are basically broken units that were repaired. Many of them end up breaking withing days of a new owner getting them.

Look for some new 32" LCDs unless you are OK with taking a chance of getting something used cheaper that won't have the same warranty and has a much higher risk of failing.

Solution
personally i would suggest avoiding all of the budget brands. spend a little extra money now and you wont be kicking yourself later.

my suggestion would be to look for a sony bravia 40" 60hz 1080p display without any of the bells and whistles. this should put you between $300-350 which is a little above your budget but well worthwhile.

Where can you find a 40" sony for under $400? Used/refurb or new?

i meant to say 32". i must have been thinking of something else. you are right that finding a 40" would be hard for the price.

you can buy the "older model" televisions for a good price if you can find them. in the day and age where everyone wants all the bells and whistles as well as 120/240hz i've seen some good deals.

however, you will need to find a real deal to keep that budget AND get a decent brand make no mistake about it. i'm not talking walk in the door walk out with a television retail sales but shopping during special sales, buying on the web or buying nib clearance items.