Best 3D TV with basic smart applications.

trepxe

Honorable
Feb 14, 2012
I recommend the LG LM7600. It has passive 3D, an absolutely great smart TV platform (newly designed for 2012), and looks very good among flat panel displays.

sakun

Honorable
Jun 21, 2012
There's way too many good TVs out right now to just point which one is the best but IMO the LG one is one of the better ones. It's being highly recognized for its magic remote and the smart interface is quite simple as well. As for the apps, I'm not a huge fan of them but they have all the apps you need for simple entertainment like Netflix, Hulu Plus, Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, and Picasa.

yang0409

Honorable
Jun 11, 2012
Like Sakun said, there are so many nice tvs in the market. All loaded with tons and different features. An important thing you must remember though is that there are two types of 3D, the active (with flicker and battery operated glasses) and the passive (flicker free and lightweight glasses). In my case, I prefer passive 3d because I find it more suitable for me. Some manufacturers for passive 3d tvs are Vizio and LG. I was a bit concerned with Vizio's after service so I got mine from LG. Another thing I like about it, is that even if I'm not a techy person it was easy for me to use its smart features. I think the best thing you could do, is to try these tvs in the shop personally.

James_Gross

Honorable
May 14, 2012
Aside from all the apps that can be considered "standard", I would say LG's LM series TVs are at the top of the list. Their interface is probably the most pleasing, visually and user friendliness. The magic motion is probably the deciding factor though. It makes using the TV actually fun.

trepxe

Honorable
Feb 14, 2012
since most of the posts here cement lg's status at the top of the smart tv game, I might add Panasonic's Viera is nice as well. I just wish they offered Google TV on it like LG and Sony.

slrmichael

Honorable
Feb 28, 2012

tilt360com

Honorable
Jul 3, 2012
I have the other model LG LM660T and most of the features you have mentioned are the same with mine. The black level for mine is really deep and rich. Colors are warm and satisfying. It has excellent internet and multimedia features. I would recommend my model or the one above. They are both great!

Roy84

Honorable
Jun 11, 2012
Like you, I upgraded from an old crt to 3d smart tvs. It's really a tough decision to make because like what they said there are so many tvs out there. When I was in your situation, I even felt I was facing too much information. I ended up getting one of the new 3d smart tvs from lg. The one I got is from the mid range and they're all correct with what they said. Picture quality is as great as the expensive ones and it's very user friendly. I'm not a tech savvy but it didn't take me too long to get used to its features.

JohnMack

Honorable
May 14, 2012
Undoubtedly, LG passive 3d TV would be the best option to go with. Its latest LM series have the best models in class; they all offer a bunch of smart applications. LG had introduced 3d world apps to its smart 3D TV which gives you the complete range of entertainment. I would recommend you to look at these models.

torresfc09

Honorable
Jul 19, 2012
If you have not gotten a new smart tv yet. The LG670T will be a good to choose. The price is great for the quality. The 3d is one of the highlight with brilliant 3d depth. The online function is fast with lots of apps over thousands. I know because I have one myself.

yang0409

Honorable
Jun 11, 2012

I agree that the interface of lg smart tvs is one of their strengths. I had difficulties using the magic remote at first though. But I think it's not really the remote's problem. It’s just that a remote like that is something new to me. I just needed to get used to it.