Best budget gaming laptop under 750 dollars?

shadomaster

Honorable
Oct 20, 2013
I am looking for a laptop for college that falls under around 750 dollars. I will be using it for regular college work such as taking notes but I will also be running programs on it like Photoshop and after-effects. However I also want to be able to play some games on it. The reason my budget is so "low" is because I want to put that money into a killer desktop build to use at home. I have already researched a lot on what laptops there are and I have found these two:
Dell Inspiron i7559-763BLK: http://www.amazon.com/Dell-Inspiron-i7559-763BLK-Full-HD-GeForce/dp/B015PYYDMQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1446612990&sr=1-1&keywords=dell+i7559

Asus K501UX: http://www.amazon.com/K501UX-Discrete-Gaming-Laptop-Windows/dp/B0146DD02G/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1446612947&sr=1-1&keywords=k501

The obvious choice for gaming would be the Dell Inspiron (gtx 960m vs gtx 950m) but because this laptop will be used for college, portability is a major factor and the asus one is 1.25 pounds lighter. The dell is by no means thick but the asus is still thinner and lighter. I consulted my dad who works with computers for a living and he said he does not trust dell; especially dell inspiron since some of his students had bad experiences with them. I told him they had bad experiences with them because they bought the base model but he still got me wondering...

Anyways, which laptop of the two do you think is better and why? If you think there is another laptop I should take a look at please post. Thank you for taking the time to read this decently long question.

Solution
the dell not only has stronger gpu but cpu also. the HQ i5 is a true quad core..... whereas U i5 is just a dual core with hyper threading. dell has better value for the money and will perform a lot better gaming wise

chris987

Honorable
Jun 10, 2013
the dell not only has stronger gpu but cpu also. the HQ i5 is a true quad core..... whereas U i5 is just a dual core with hyper threading. dell has better value for the money and will perform a lot better gaming wise

Solution