Solved! Best color accuracy in midrange phone

onejude

Commendable
Sep 4, 2016
I take pictures of mushrooms and want the color as accurate as I can afford. This means a price around $350, such as the Nokia 7.1 for $349. I'm trying it and the colors are very close, though a very slight bit pinker than the actual item.

Most reviews give the comparable phones as the Honor 10, the Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite (but without any warrenty, so I'm reluctant), and several others. I haven't been able to find color accuracy specs for all of them. In fact, I can't find specs for the Nokia.

Any input would be very much appreciated. Also, I'm not really interested in editing photos, but if there is an easy way to create the correction that is needed, I would want to hear about it. Or if there is a way to fix it in the camera settings, that would be ideal.

Thanks!

Solution
You can change colors in pretty much any photo editor, GIMP is a good free image editor. And the phones can have some pretty good photo apps you can download. You can also get a used phone with a known good camera like the iPhone 7 or Samsung S7. Or get an actual camera if you want to have the best results.
You can change colors in pretty much any photo editor, GIMP is a good free image editor. And the phones can have some pretty good photo apps you can download. You can also get a used phone with a known good camera like the iPhone 7 or Samsung S7. Or get an actual camera if you want to have the best results.

Solution