Best compression program!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

goku1234567890

Honorable
Nov 6, 2012
Can anybody suggest me the best compression program there is. I have a lot of files and personal data which i converted into a .iso file and deleted the original data. Now my space is filling up so i need to compress that .iso file. I heard about KGB achiever but it does not compress files bigger than 4 GB and my iso file is of 13.1 gb. Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance!!! Another thing that i can pay for the software but it has to decrease the size on a major account!!!

mbarnes86

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Hi
Why a giant ISO file and what software did you use to create it?

Data files like .doc .xls etc for Microsoft office can usually be compresses but new format .xlsx & .docx are already compressed archives

.jpg & gift are already compressed

7 zip is well regarded and can open standard ISO files
But for different data types you may find different programs better at compressing them

Personally I would buy a new hard disk possibly external USB 3.0 + esata interface
Rather than trying to compress files and risk data loss

Regards
Mike Barnes

goku1234567890

Honorable
Nov 6, 2012
This a game folder that i converted to iso file using ImgBurn since my motherboard acting up on dvd rom and i can't install any game so i want to preserve any game i can until i figure out what is wrong with my motherboard (http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-2174403/bad-sata-port.html). Till then i install games on my sister laptop and than transfer them to my PC using a standard ethernet cable but it is not a good one and transfer rate does not go above 11 mb/s. So basically i want a software compressor for 2 things:

1: To compress games which i install on my sister laptop so i can transfer them easily to my PC.
2: To compress games already installed on my PC to preserve them and make more space, and i don't have budget for new HDD right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.