Best Data Recovery Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

tapar1

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2008
Had a hard drive crash and ran diagnostics that said the drive had unreadable sectors... sent out for a recovery analysis and they wanted $500 to pull the data... figured I'd try to use a software program myself to see if I can recover any data... saw one review that gave Migo Digital Rescue Premium the top honors but don't know anything about these applications... anyone out there have any experience with these utilities that could make a recommendation... thanks.

G

If your fat table is damaged, changing the fat table will most likely *COMPLETELY* destroy any data on the volume. Use the RDISK utility in WinNT or Win2K (Start / Run / Rdisk) if you can to create a backup of all NTFS boot records and fat tables, then boot with the installation CD and choose to repair the existing installation. It will ask you for your RDISK info, which you will have on the floppy you created. You should be able to recover most, if not all of your data, and you won't even have to reinstall the OS. If you cannot even get into the OS, try a program called NTFS4DOS from www.nttoolkit.com . Copy this to a bootable Dos or Win9x floppy, and you should be able to mount and read files from your NTFS volume(s). It is read only access, but you can copy files to another partition for retrieval later.

If that doesn't work try tiramisu for ntfs.

terrytree

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2006

Hey dudy, :hello:

I suggest you try EASEUS Data Recovery Wizard, it is a best data recovery software http://www.easeus.com i knew and you can get a 20% counpon code here to purchase EASEUS software: http://www.easeus.com/resource/easeus-discount.htm. Save your money.

Kewlx25

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
When you delete a file, the file isn't actually removed, just the space the file use to take -up is marked "free".

If your HD gets corrupted and it so happens to land on your MFT, you files may no longer show up or the drive is marked bad, but the data is still there. You may lose the name of your files since all that's in your MFT, but the data lives on.

Remember, when it looks like it takes one second to delete a 500GB file, it's not because your HD can write 500GB/sec and clear that file out, but it just marks that 500GB of space as free, so now other files can be stored there.

wepp

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2010
I would avoid R-Tools Technology www.r-tt.com R-Studio, my credit card was overcharged by this company - the receipt had one amount but the credit card transaction was more! Sales@r-tt.com was unhelpful, my credit card company immediately credited the amount and verified it came from R-Tools Tech and said if it happens again they'll file a formal complaint with Visa. I've since checked the Better Business Bureau and I shouldn't have been surprised. Even though the BBB is very Business oriented they had a C- rating (see http://www.bbb.org/kitchener/business-reviews/computers-software-and-services/r-tools-technology-in-richmond-hill-on-1194361) and that was before I filed a complaint. Anyway, I'm using RStudio 5.1 and almost every time I try and preview a file I get an unhandled win32 exception in rsviewer.exe, tried posting to their forums but I get a message saying it was received and has to be reviewed but it never shows up in the forum and I did not get a response.

Jeff_db

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
:hello: One of the worst experiences I have ever faced in my professional career was the loss of a body of work, my feature length script. After I took my laptop to Rapid, they performed a free diagnostic, and suggested I approach Fields to ensure a full recovery. Fields was able to retrieve my feature length script in its entirety and I have to say both companies performed very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.