Best Document Scanning / Management Software for Home Use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DawgMach1

Honorable
Dec 30, 2012
I'm in search of the best home use document / record scanning software / management package. What I hope to find, with input from the community here, is a software package similar to NEAT (OCR) but without the proprietary restrictions on the saved image/copy.

I was leaning towards getting a NEAT scanner / software package but having second thoughts after the recent issues with their software upgrade rendering many older scanned documents lost forever, unless you pay their monthly support fees, etc...

The other software systems I've reviewed make all of the scans in searchable PDF's so you can find documents searching with keywords. However, those systems don't really offer any type of "management" approach, just the search functionality.

Another thought, since most of the documents I'll be scanning are financial related, find a good OCR that works well with Quickbooks and use QB as the "management" system.

I'm interested to see what the community suggests.

DawgMach1

Honorable
Dec 30, 2012

Thanks for the suggestion. Is this a product you use? I read over the spec's of the program and it seems to focus on the searchable PDF function (posting to SharePoint folders) vs. the data management functionality.

My hope is to find a program that will make the scanned data usable vs. a pool of PDF's that can be searched by "X" or "Y". For example I scan all of my utility bills, so the software allows me to pull up the vendor and see all of the associated scans (Electric Co. A = January Statement, February Statement, March Statement, etc....). Another example is if I scan a business card it will create a contact.

Does anyone know of a robust document / data management program?

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.