Best email client for Win10? (other than Outlook and Postbox?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

derridada

Commendable
Mar 16, 2016
Hi,

I'm currently using Postbox 6 as my email client. Though it's adequate, it's getting a bit too slow for my liking, so I'm looking for a suitable replacement.

What I'm looking for:

- Unified inbox; which rules out Outlook from the start, unless MS recently implemented it.

- Easy moving of messages from iCloud/outlook/etc accounts to gmail folders.

The reason I have been sticking with Postbox is that I can easily drag and drop email from different accounts into my extensive gmail folder library/tags to keep on top of things. I don't think eM client or Mailbird offer that possibility, unless someone has experience with either for doing so.

Does Thunderbird offer both? Given that Postbox is a (to oversimplify) 'modded' version of Thunderbird, I was wondering if anyone has any feedback on its features.

Cheers.

Solution
It does - you can combine several (app) Mail accounts into single view. And even if you route all your email to Google (or Outlook, or Yahoo), you can still use your favorite email client. GMail labels appear as "Folders" in IMAP clients, so you can do your sorting all from a single place/

derridada

Commendable
Mar 16, 2016

The new(-ish) MS Mail App does not have unified inbox, as far as I know.
I can't just use gmail. I also have a work e-mail account, which I cannot forward through gmail for security reasons.

It does - you can combine several (app) Mail accounts into single view. And even if you route all your email to Google (or Outlook, or Yahoo), you can still use your favorite email client. GMail labels appear as "Folders" in IMAP clients, so you can do your sorting all from a single place/

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.