Best external hdd for gaming?

GorillaWithAGun

Estimable
Nov 4, 2015
Hi, i recently purchase an aorus x3 pro v3 and have run out of room on the internals. I am looking for a $0-$200 preferably 2tb but minimum 1tb external hdd. Is there any point spending big bucks trying to buy a faster hdd or will the speed of USB3.0 limit the speed? What is the best external hdd i can get for gaming given all of these? thanks.

TechyInAZ

Honorable
Tough choice since there isn't a gaming grade category in the HDD world. Get anything that has a bare minimum of 7200RPM and IS NOT a green drive from WD, USB 3.0 is good since sata 3 and USB 3 have the exact same bandwidth limits.

TechyInAZ

Honorable
Tough choice since there isn't a gaming grade category in the HDD world. Get anything that has a bare minimum of 7200RPM and IS NOT a green drive from WD, USB 3.0 is good since sata 3 and USB 3 have the exact same bandwidth limits.

GorillaWithAGun

Estimable
Nov 4, 2015

Okay, so really anything with USB 3.0 that's sata 3 and 7200RPM? I've heard WD black drives are good yet i found a cheap Seagate drive, would you recommend either brand or is there no difference?

Ok Go

Estimable
May 23, 2015
just use a 7200 rpm 3.5" hdd(for desktop) and use a external HDD caddy/bracket/adaper that has usb3 connection. there will be more clutter since those caddies ussualy needs external power to run.

TechyInAZ

Honorable

WD blacks are good or any seagate drives as well. I have had both, and both run very fast.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Laptop General Discussion 0
kjanev37 Laptop General Discussion 3
E Laptop General Discussion 2
S Laptop General Discussion 1
H Laptop General Discussion 0
T Laptop General Discussion 2
G Laptop General Discussion 3
J Laptop General Discussion 1
S Laptop General Discussion 3
S Laptop General Discussion 1
C Laptop General Discussion 4