Best free backup software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giant Lizard

Commendable
Dec 3, 2016
Hi everybody :)

I'm looking for a free backup software, but I can't seem to decide which one is better. I made researches in internet and most of websites say Easeus Todo Backup is the best one, according to their reviews, but the in the comments many users complain (I don't remember for what, honestly). So I wonder if it's actually the best one or if there's something else better. What's your opinion?

I would like a good software that encrypt the data too, if possible, in a way that it's impossible to recover (in case the backup is stolen). Otherwise I will just look for another encryption software later.

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Giant Lizard

Commendable
Dec 3, 2016

yeah, someone else already suggested me that one, here on this forum. I honestly didn't consider it a lot because I don't find it in any review. How's possible if it's that good?

And why you say it's better than Easeus Todo Backup?

Giant Lizard

Commendable
Dec 3, 2016

that means you make the backup to hard drives always connected, but what if you want to do it to external hard drives and when it's the time for the backup they are not connected? Would you receive a notification?

BadActor

Estimable
Herald

You can specify where to save the back up image, whether it's on an internal or external drive. You could even save it to desktop and when you see the image there, transfer it to the external.

Giant Lizard

Commendable
Dec 3, 2016

yeah, I saw that website and for me it's even more confusing...too many choices :D

I know I can try some of them, but I appreciate to have suggestions from other people who already tried :)

anyway, you said Macrium creates an image of the backup, right? Does it mean it doesn't simply copy and paste the files somewhere? What kind of file it creates and how do you manage it?

BadActor

Estimable
Herald
You have many options with Macrium. You can simply back up files or folders, either all at once or incrementally or you can create an image of the entire disk. I choose the later as it makes restoring the OS easy. If the OS becomes corrupted, you simply boot up on the Rescue Disk which Macrium helps you create and restore the latest image. Takes just minutes to be up and running again.

Giant Lizard

Commendable
Dec 3, 2016

that's nice, but that's more for a OS, while I just need to backup my normal files and be able to recover them later.

Is it possible to encrypt the files with Macrium?

Status
Not open for further replies.