apcs13

Honorable
Oct 2, 2013
I am looking for a better free game recording software to use for games on my YouTube channel until I know it's of decent success to buy the full version of Bandicam, and have been looking for free alternatives until then. I like the free version of Bandicam except for the bad watermark and time limit, and it is the best free program so far but there HAS to be something better out there. Recently I tried using Open Broadcasting Software and I like it but the quality leaves a little to be desired for and had weird halts in the video but not in the game itself. I may have fixed that, but please let me know what you think of the quality of this video (video quality not my sucky commentary :/): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruBBz12OdvQ&feature=c4-overview&list=UUQEVyenBdp-XXtNN4SxfKqQ
Other video playing intensive game with Bandicam with no issues: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMVgbXMUKGI

I know my commentary sucks but I just want to get a good recorder before I put in a lot of effort. Thanks!

apcs13

Honorable
Oct 2, 2013

I don't really think specs come much into play here as you can see I am capable of running and recording Crysis 2 very well, and the purpose of this thread is just to find out what the best screen recorder here is not to look at specs. If you need them for some reason let me know, but otherwise let's just have recorders and quality reviews

PyjamasCat

Honorable
Mar 20, 2013

It helps to let us know what your machine is capable of. Can you tell what your average FPS is when recording and just playing? Or have you ruled performance issues out already?

Try OBS again, but set the bit rate to 7500Kbps, audio AAC @96Kbps, with CBR on. Stay at current resolution. I have a feeling you might be having an HDD bottleneck.

apcs13

Honorable
Oct 2, 2013

Thanks for the help, but I found the full version of Bandicam at a steal and much prefer that to OBS.

PyjamasCat

Honorable
Mar 20, 2013

Thread is gone bud. OP has already stated that they do not like OBS anyway.