best GPU for intel pentium g4400

vikyy17

Estimable
Oct 8, 2015
im building a budget pc and expecting a decent gaming experience. i've chosen a pentium g4400 and a h110 chipset motherboard from gigabyte. now my question is which is the best GPU i can pair up with the processor without any word for bottleneck? my monitor's resolution is 1440x900. is gtx 960 a wise choice or 750ti?

Solution
I think I would use an i3 instead. It will perform better in the more CPU intensive games and you can use more video cards without bottleneck. The dual cores suffer from micro stutter in many games.

RCFProd

Honorable
Herald
Dec 8, 2013

Disagreed, what is your conclusion based on? Which game and what makes you say your GTX 750 is held back?

dexter2

Estimable
Jun 7, 2015
I have a wide variety of games, and using CPU-Z I have determined that the CPU is running full capacity when playing a game (although that is often expected) but my GPU is over-powered compared to my CPU. I have come to this conclusion through several posts to the community on this very site (I asked about which part of my PC I should upgrade next, and basically everyone agreed on my CPU, as they said it was holding the system back) and observing other people's builds and the components in them. Also, I have used other sites to try and understand that it is my CPU holding my computer back. Sorry this is lengthy and not well-written, but I am a little busy at the moment.

RCFProd

Honorable
Herald
Dec 8, 2013
Ok, I remember testing a G3258+GTX 770 system a wee while back. It was running really well to be fair, in Battlefield 4 that was aswell. ~100 fps medium settings no AA/HBAO. I'm determined to say that you'll see an improvement if you upgrade your GPU.

BadActor

Estimable
Herald
I think I would use an i3 instead. It will perform better in the more CPU intensive games and you can use more video cards without bottleneck. The dual cores suffer from micro stutter in many games.

Solution

dexter2

Estimable
Jun 7, 2015
Look at what bad actor said. Lots of games are CPU intensive, it's not all the graphics card. I'm not surprised by those results, but it would definately perform better with the same graphics card but a better CPU, e.g. 4 cores.