Best headphone for cs go under 80$

Tahmeed Bin Enam

Estimable
Jan 23, 2015
Hey guys :D so as it says, i'm looking to buy a headphone under 80 US$ and the hyper x cloud 2 seems pretty good apparently. I would want to know from the experienced guys what other options i might consider. Is cloud 2 the best option? My primary aim is playing counter strike global offensive. My motherboard is MSI Z170A gaming M3 if the soundcard matters for any reason on earth. Cheers :D
o btw is there any difference of sound quality between cloud 1 and cloud 2?apart from cloud 2 being 7.1. tia

Solution
best headphone for advantageous gaming for cheap? probably the audiotechncia ad500x. no microphone on them though (you did ask for headphone not headset).

other decent budget cans are the superlux 668b, creative aurvana live and sennheiser hd518

i would avoid the soundcard on the hyper x cloud, too many issues. if you do go that route get the core version and provide your own soundcard like a xonar dg instead of the crap one that comes with them. i've heard reports of it being very buggy, then its fixed, then others saying its buggy. afaik its now fine, but to prevent any potential problems i always state against it.

dhmnuts

Estimable
Mar 9, 2014
Not sure on exact sound differences but I'd just get the cloud 2s if you don't want to buy a mic. If you want to buy a mic I'd go with HD 558s from Sennheiser. They're 99.

anonymousdude

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2009
The only difference between the cloud 1 and cloud 2 is the 7.1. Otherwise they are the same headphone. They are actually re-branded takstar pro 80's. There are a couple of other brands that use the same headphone reband it. IIRC Gemini and NVX are two such brands, so if you find one of those and it's cheaper then that's an option to consider. This is of course assuming you don't care about the 7.1 or mic. Also do you care if your headphones are open or closed? Open means that they are open to the air and will leak sound and closed means a headphone like the cloud 2 with a sealed shell.

best headphone for advantageous gaming for cheap? probably the audiotechncia ad500x. no microphone on them though (you did ask for headphone not headset).

other decent budget cans are the superlux 668b, creative aurvana live and sennheiser hd518

i would avoid the soundcard on the hyper x cloud, too many issues. if you do go that route get the core version and provide your own soundcard like a xonar dg instead of the crap one that comes with them. i've heard reports of it being very buggy, then its fixed, then others saying its buggy. afaik its now fine, but to prevent any potential problems i always state against it.

Solution