Best headphone & mic combination from $100?

malice7

Estimable
Oct 31, 2014
I have a Kingston HyperX Cloud headset, the sound quality is great, but I'm thinking if there's anything more worthy from the Hi-Fi department (and a clip-on mic) that could top it for about $100 at most.

I've been suggested here and on other forums, that there are a few good pairs of (stereo, over-ear) headphones from Sennheiser and Audio-Technica, and I should grab one along with some Zalman clip-on mic for voice-chatting. I'm quite the audiophile, I use it for music and gaming mainly. Even if there isn't a great difference between my current headset and this alternative, could you still suggest me some good headphones (and a mic) under $100?

Thanks in advance.

Solution
You should be careful when going for budget headphones from high quality companies like Sennhesier and Audio-Technica. I own a HyperX Cloud Core but bought a Sennhesier 451 as a gift and it was utter rubbish. Was shockingly uncomfortable (as in painful, there was no padding between the speaker grill and my ears, unlike the Cloud's) and the bass was almost non-existent and extremely muddy. You might have a different experience but I've tried headsets in stores and the like and my belief is that your better suited to gaming headphones below $100 and real headphone makers >$150. Feel free to disagree however.

audie-tron25

Estimable
Mar 23, 2015
You should be careful when going for budget headphones from high quality companies like Sennhesier and Audio-Technica. I own a HyperX Cloud Core but bought a Sennhesier 451 as a gift and it was utter rubbish. Was shockingly uncomfortable (as in painful, there was no padding between the speaker grill and my ears, unlike the Cloud's) and the bass was almost non-existent and extremely muddy. You might have a different experience but I've tried headsets in stores and the like and my belief is that your better suited to gaming headphones below $100 and real headphone makers >$150. Feel free to disagree however.

Solution