Best headset and Microphone combo for 200$

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cody_49

Commendable
Dec 18, 2016
Okay, so my Sennheiser Game One just stopped working yesterday, and I'm pretty upset about it, but i don't really have time to be upset, as i work from home and i need a good quality audio solution for my job. The mic quality and audio quality on the Game One was the best i had ever personally experienced, and i know that isn't really saying much considering how much some people care about audio quality.

Anyway, i only have 200$ to spend on a new solution, and I'm not the most knowledgeable when it comes to being an audiophile, so i was wondering if someone could help me choose what to buy next.

Edit: I forgot to mention that i need support for surround sound.

I know i could buy some random "gaming" headset for like 100 bucks, but i want the best i can buy with my budget.

-Thanks, Cody

Solution
I recommend a combo with the Antlion ModMic. Depending on which ModMic you get, there are a few choices for headphones:

1. Audio-Technica ATH-M50x
2. Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Plus
3. Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro

ksham

Honorable
Mar 29, 2013
I recommend a combo with the Antlion ModMic. Depending on which ModMic you get, there are a few choices for headphones:

1. Audio-Technica ATH-M50x
2. Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Plus
3. Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro

Solution

Cody_49

Commendable
Dec 18, 2016

I'm torn between the Audio Technica and the DT 990 Pro, do you have enough experience with either to vouch?

Also would i need an amp for any of these?

Status
Not open for further replies.